On Dreams.

June 29, 2015

Untitled
Top: Mango 'Paris' sweatshirt (similar)
Bottom: Forever 21 distressed jeans (similar)
Shoes: J.Crew pumps (similar)
Bag: Mansur Gavriel mini bucket bag (similar)
Ring: Club Monaco ring
Sunglasses: CĂ©line Audrey sunglasses

Speaking on the topic of my dreams today. When I was little, I wanted to be a gazillion things – flight attendant, nurse, teacher, you name it. When I got to university, I had little idea about what I wanted to do, but I was pretty certain that I would be in Marketing. It wasn't until after I started working in the corporate 9-5 world where I realized that I want to pursue a career that was much more creative and also in the fashion/retail industry. This blog definitely had an influence in driving me to want to work in fashion. For those who are new to Allure of Simplicity, I started it back in 2009 in my first year of university simply as a means for me to connect to others and an outlet for me to share all things style and life-related. I would say that it has transitioned quite a bit and made me fall in love with fashion and the industry.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Fast forward - Three years later and after working in the loyalty industry, I decided to make the jump over to retail. It's a new industry for me and I second-guessed my decision numerous times. New friends, new work, and new company. It's hard just thinking about it. My last job was my first job after graduating and the people who I met were my second family - if anything, they saw me more than my own family did. I was given the opportunity to work on an incredible portfolio, but I was not feeling the sense of joy and satisfaction that I was looking for.

What I learned from these past two months is that life can be challenging, but it can also be surprising. I'm still learning to fit in here, but I couldn't be happier with this decision. I love where I am now and I'm excited about the opportunities here. I have no idea what comes next, but I hope that it's a step closer to my dreams!

P.S. These photos were taken three weeks back before I chopped off my hair. Stay tuned for my next blog post!

Photography by With Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment