Ruffles and pretty pleats

May 19, 2012

Ruffles and Pleats (1) Ruffles and Pleats (2) Ruffles and Pleats (3) Ruffles and Pleats (5) Ruffles and Pleats (6) Ruffles and Pleats (7) Ruffles and Pleats (8)
{Wilfred ruffle top; Forever 21 chiffon pleated skirt; Mango bag; Zara basic sandals; DVF Asher belt; c/o David Smallcombe cuffs (buy here); Etsy twist ring}

The weather has surprised us all once again after a chilly and cool week and thankfully we will be able to enjoy a beautiful, sun-filled long weekend. I started my first week of work as a Marketing Coordinator on Monday so I have been kept busy all week long – expect many more of these to come! I am still getting used to waking up bright and early to take the train down, but I’ve been enjoying the long subway rides where I can squeeze in some leisure reading.

The girls have planned a trip up to the Falls tomorrow for an event called Food Truck Eats hosted by Peller Estates where 16 food trucks and wineries come together from both Canada and the U.S. The anticipation begins for a lot of mouthwatering street food, wonderful company and wine! Tonight, we will be spending the night dining at Spoon & Fork to celebrate our girlfriend’s 22nd birthday. I can’t wait to stuff myself since it will be AYCE.

What are your plans for the long weekend?

19 comments:

  1. Love the skirt. Insipred me to invest in a ruffled pleat skirt!

    www.wardrobemenu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress is so cute....
    kisses
    fran

    hope you like my last outfit...

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely outfit! The colours are great on you.

    http://iammeggy.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it is a simple outfit but amazing at the same time :)

    http://girlyframe.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the frilly (is this a word? hahaha..) sleeves! :) And that belt has been proven to be a very good closet investment, you've worn so many times in so many different looks! :) Congrats on the new job and welcome to the world of 9-5. Have a great long weekend, A!

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty as always! Love the feminine touches of the pleats and frills.
    Sounds like an awesome long weekend. I just got home from a day at the beach with three of my girlfriends. Definitely the highlight of my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit. simple, fresh and feminine... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on graduating and the new job :)!
    The dress is super adorb - love the colour too.

    Cheers xx
    itsaboutceline.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun. Love the romantic feel of your outfit, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SOOO pretty! I love the neutral and romantic tone to your look. That blouse is just gorgeous <3
    Love the belt!

    Trendy Teal
    Enter to win a $50 voucher for Dark Horse Jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute dress! :)

    http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.de/

    Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this soft look, Aney! especially for the spring. Hope work is going well for you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about this outfit! It's so feminine and I love the nude color. So perfectly put together!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought this was a dress -- it looks so perfect together!

    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty outfit. I love anything ruffles. Too funny, i bought tickets to Food Truck Eats for the 20th too but ended up crossing the border to go shopping instead. :P Did you enjoy it? My girlfriends were there and had a great time and lots of good food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your long weekend before work!!! You always look so dreamy, soft and elegant in your neutral tone outfits!

    ReplyDelete