New York Style Strawberry Cheesecake
May 8, 2011
Got together with my talented best friend, Tiffany and did some baking two Fridays ago (after staying up to watch the Royal Wedding together). I made the exact same cheesecake last night for Mother's Day, but it tasted slightly off. Either I didn't leave it in the oven for long enough or it just needed my friend's magic touch.
Recipe from Growing Strawberries Guide
For the Crust
1 cup Honey Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp. Sugar
3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
For the Filling
5 Pkg. of SELECTION (or PHILADELPHIA) Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp. Flour
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/3 Cup of Strawberry Jam (made with real strawberries and sugar)
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides.
3. Mix cracker crumbs with sugar and butter.
4. Press onto the bottom of the pan.
5. Bake for 10 min.
6. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, flour and vanilla with a mixer until well blended.
7. Add sour cream and mix well.
8. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
9. Take the crust out of the oven and pour filling over the crust.
10. Gently drop small spoonfuls of jam over batter and swirl with a knife.
11. Bake for 40 min. or until center is almost set.
12. Cool completely and refrigerate for 4 hours.